Sunday, August 2, 2015

Why Blog?

ACCOUNTABILITY. MOTIVATION. REFERENCE.

I've decided to start a blog to share with my friends, family and complete strangers my journey through my first bikini competition prep!! I know. I know. There are already a million of those blogs out there, but I thought maybe, just maybe, this one might be a little different...Why? I've decided to tackle my first bikini competition prep while in my final year of graduate school as a Systems Engineer along with maintaining my 3 jobs as a Gov't employee, graduate assistant, and personal trainer. No. I'm not kidding, Yes. I whole-heartedly believe I can succeed at juggling all 5!

This blog will serve as one of many accountability tools to keep me honest throughout these next 15 weeks of prep, school and working. Something about sharing your ups and downs along your journey, with anyone who cares to read, is both terrifying and exciting but I feel it will help hold me to be more honest with myself AND of course it will help me learn some things about myself (and others) along the way!!



I'm also hoping this blog helps to motivate not only myself but others as well. I'm not the only one with a lot on their plate (of their own choosing OR not) and I know there are going to be times when we just want to throw in the towel and tap out, but I'm hoping by sharing my story it'll help others find their motivation to keep going through their journey. Regardless of what that journey may be.

Last but not least this blog will serve as a reference. A reference for other first time bikini preppers  (is that a word?!) on random emotions/feelings/changes, a public diary of sorts and a REAL telling of what it's like to get through it all. So stay tuned for what's to come...I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment