Thursday, September 10, 2015

Highlights - Week 11


Sunday, August 30 - Saturday, September 5
SURVIVED THE FIRST WEEK OF FULL ON CRAZINESS. NUTELLA. DROPPED COURSE.

Week 11 was my first week of the semester, which meant it was my first week of classes, work and workouts. It was without a doubt a rough week. I woke up EVERY morning by 4 am. Most nights I'd go to bed by 11 pm. Like I had anticipated, sleep is going to be a rough one to maintain. Over the weekend I was able to catch up on sleep, but the weekend always seems to fly by faster than I can handle. Make it slow down...please.

This week's cheat meal dessert sent me over the edge, CINNAMON SUGAR NUTELLA CRESCENT ROLLS! Urrrrmahgosh!!! They were so good...ugh...just great! I ate 1 (or 4) too many, so that was bad. On top of that I had too much of my cheat meal (spaghetti). So I need to work on that. Definitely can't let that happen again. I ate so much my stomach physically hurt from the amount of food inside of it. I had to lay down. I'm serious. It wasn't good...but it was good. Know what I'm saying?! Regardless, I can't over indulge like that on future cheat meals. It's not good for my progress and my mental state. =P

 I ended up dropping one of the courses I was orginally registered for. The course instructor and I weren't in agreement on project topics, and since I technically don't need the course right now, I decided to drop it and wait until next semester. Hopefully at that point I can work on a project I genuinely care about and produce something I'm thoroughly proud of. Fingers crossed that works out! I added an online course, which is great because that gives me 3 extra hours during the week because I don't physically have to sit in class. All in all, I think the change was a good move, especially for the goals of this semester. We'll see if I made the right decision soon enough!!!


3 week progress update is coming soon!! It'll have some "transformation pics" in there, so for those of you that have been asking...it's coming! Week 10 is upon me. Almost done. I can't believe how quickly time has passed, 1/3 of the way there. Ahhhh!! O_o

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is always an inspiration to me -- I love that you strive for excellence, yet still maintain your sense of humor. I've been struggling with my own goals this week, frustrated by lack of progress, some minor pain and just generally feeling under the weather. What do you do to stay motivated when you aren't seeing progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find my blog inspiring and that you're able to see my awkward humor jumbled in there. With respect to motivation when I don't see the progress I'm looking for...I honestly take a step back and evaluate my actions. I tend to chalk up my lack of progress to setbacks in my own actions, like missing cardio, eating in excess, lifting lighter than I should, etc. I find that if I evaluate what it is I'm doing, I have something to work on. If I assume that my lack of progress is due to something outside of my control then I get complacent because I automatically assume that I can't fix it and I get even more bogged down in my doubts from there. When I feel like I'm not progressing in the manner that I should, I also think about where I've come from. There are things that I can do now that I couldn't do a month ago. So while I may not look or feel the way I want right now, I know I am progressing in some way. Trying to stay positive and looking at what is going well helps to keep the motivation alive. Remember progress takes time. I swear that is the hardest thing to remember. You'll get to where you want to be, but in the meantime, enjoy the process in getting there. =)

      Delete