Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's Your Favorite Part Of Bikini Prep?

MEAL PREP.

As of this moment, my favorite part of bikini prep has been meal prep / dieting. I follow a meal plan designed by my competition coach. Most people who see me eat think that my meals are redundant or plain.  I personally haven't gotten tired of anything and I season my meals for my taste preference and I can assure you that it is not plain. My meal plan has plenty of room for variation at the moment, so if I ever were to get tired of something I could mix it up. I don't do that too often because I buy my meats in bulk, but I could when/if I wanted to.


Shredded Chicken & Veggies
I like to prep as much as possible, with my goal being to prep enough meals to get me through the end of Friday. Over the weekend I make my meals as they come, or prep them with the coming week's meals. Nothing fancy. Below are a few reason why I love meal prep so much:

  1. Relaxing - Actually making the food is relaxing. I'm usually by myself, in the kitchen, listening to music. It's my "alone time" so to speak. It takes a decent amount of time to meal prep, so in that time I can think about things or not. Either way I'm enjoying myself and knocking out the week's biggest task.
  2. Organized - Once I finish this competition, I'll continue to meal prep (albeit less restricted) simply because it helps me remain organized on food for the entire week. There's no guessing about what I'm going to eat next or worrying about if I have time to make something. It's already done and where I need it to be. It's. so. nice! Think about it...you wake up Monday-Friday and don't have to worry about cooking, going to the store, figuring out which restaurant is open, etc. Sounds good, right?!
  3. Healthy - All of my meals are healthy. Once I finish eating them I don't feel sick, bloated, or any other undesirable feeling you may get when eating a large meal or an unhealthy one. The meals give me what I need and that's good enough for me!
  4. It Tastes Good - Whyyyyyy do some people think all healthy food is disgusting?! It's not. There are ways in which to make healthy things disgusting, but I'm not about that life. As such, all of my meals taste good. ALL of them.
So there you have it. My top 4 reasons for enjoying meal prep. For the amount of time I put in for the amount of food I get out...it's well worth it!! Typical meal prep will take me a couple hours, but then I have meals for 5-6 days. You do the math. Winning!



Some prepped meals for Week 13

No comments:

Post a Comment