Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Recap - First Wedding Anniversary

PINTEREST. SAN ANTONIO.

Brian and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on July 7! It's hard to believe a year has passed. Year 1 of long distance marriage complete. Woohoo!! HOPEFULLY we only have one more full year of the long distance thing. Prayers up! For our anniversary day, we spent most of the day in Corpus Christi because Brian was on the schedule for a morning flight. When I went to pick him up I gave him his homemade anniversary gift. My first Pinterest inspired DIY project success! It was effectively a jar that contained (1) Reasons why I love him, (2) Quotes about various things related to us, (3) Memories I love about us, (4) Songs that remind me of him and I, and (5) Encouraging quotes, phrases and passages. He loved it!! I gave myself brownie points for actually tying my present into the anniversary year 1 theme: paper. Pretty sure Brian knows nothing about anniversary themes.

DIY Anniversary Jar - Front 

DIY Anniversary Jar - Back

After some down time we went to an early dinner with another couple. What?! You shared your anniversary dinner with another couple? Uhhh...yes. While my trips to TX are for Brian and I to spend time together we also like to be social and spend time with our friends, as couples, so sharing a Hibachi dinner with friends for our anniversary was just fine by us! Following dinner Brian and I headed out to San Antonio for the remainder of the weekend.

I had reserved a hotel at Fort Sam Houston sometime early in the year. Not exactly sure why I booked the hotel that I did [probably because it was cheap] but when we arrived Brian could tell I wasn't thrilled. It wasn't dirty or poorly kept. It was just old. Old bathrooms.Old carpet. Just old. Fairly certain the hotel was/is used for barracks. I tried to hide my dissatisfaction but I'm not very good at that. Brian offered to change hotels for Saturday night but I told him it was ok. Needless to say I didn't get the best sleep that night. Brian slept like a baby. He has no problems sleeping in ugly or old places. I shouldn't have had an issue with this place but I did and it carried my mood the entire time we were in the hotel. Sorry Brian!

The next day Brian picked a place for us to go hiking, per my request. We set out for Eisenhower Park and hiked the long loop. It was a good time talking and walking. We got a couple good views of landscape but mostly just hiked amidst trees and rocks. After hiking we grabbed lunch and headed to the hotel for showers (and a nap for Brian). By this point we had decided we would head back to Corpus after dinner, so we checked out of our hotel a night early. From there we headed to the Riverwalk. The plan was to catch a movie, enjoy the Riverwalk and head to dinner. Those plans didn't happen. To our surprise seats were assigned at the theatre so the only seats left were in the front row. Instead of breaking our necks, we decided to forego the movie. Cue my attitude. As we walked the Riverwalk in the heat my attitude rose with my body temperature. My attitude finally subsided after some ice cream and an apology to Brian. I must have been hot and hangry. After my hot mess had chilled we ventured to the Alamo where Brian got his history fix.

Eisenhower Park

Eisenhower Park & Brian

After the Alamo we hopped back in the car and headed to dinner at Pappadeaux's. BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT I'VE BEEN TOO SO FAR!! It was delicious! Brian agreed. We headed home to Corpus after dinner, cutting our weekend trip short by one day.

All in all I had a good time with Brian but in the future I plan on splurging on anniversary hotels and reminding myself to keep my attitude in check whenever I find myself hot and hangry.

No comments:

Post a Comment